The health professionals in the Practice observe the code of Confidentiality by their regulatory bodies (e.g. GMC for doctors and NMC for nurses and midwives).
In addition the Practice observes:
- the Data Protection Act (1998) https://www.gov.uk/data-protection
- the Access to Health Records Act (1990) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/23/contents
- The Access to Medical Reports Act 1988 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/28/contents
- the Adult with Incapacity Act (Scotland) (2000) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2000/4/contents
- the Freedom of Information Act (Scotland) (2002) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/36/contents
You have the right to know what information we hold about you https://www.nhsinform.scot/care-support-and-rights/health-rights/confidentiality-and-data-protection/health-records#accessing-your-health-records If you would like to see your records please call our practice manager on 0141 883 8887.