The health professionals in the Practice observe the code of Confidentiality by their regulatory bodies (e.g. GMC for doctors and NMC for nurses and midwives).
In addition the Practice observes:
- the Data Protection Act (1998) www.ico.gov.uk/ /for_organisations/data_protection.aspx,
- the Access to Health Records Act (1990) www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/23/contents.
- The Access to Medical Reports Act 1988 www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/occ_health/forms/Medical_reports_act.pdf,
- the Adult with Incapacity Act (Scotland) (2000) www.scotland.gov.uk › Publications › 2006 › March
- the Freedom of Information Act (Scotland) (2002) www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/freedom_of_information.aspx.
You have the right to know what information we hold about you. If you would like to see your records please call our practice manager on 0141 883 8887.