Flu/COVID 19 Booster Vaccination Programme
Flu vaccinations/COVID boosters will NOT be done in our GP surgery this year. The flu/COVID booster vaccination programme will be undertaken at centralised vaccination centres. We have no stock of either vaccinations and cannot change your appointment.
When does the programme start
Clinics will commence from the 27th of September and continue through to early December.
Who is eligible for a free flu vaccination
For further information on who is eligible please visit www.nhsinform.scot/flu-vaccine/the-vaccine/the-flu-vaccine
This year’s flu vaccination programme will begin in September. The people most at risk from flu will be prioritised for the vaccine.
The following groups of people are recommended to have the free flu vaccine this year:
- Adults aged 50 or over (or will be by 31 March 2022)
- Pregnant women
- People aged 6 months or over with an eligible health condition
- Healthcare workers
- NHS independent contractorsincluding GP, dental and optometry practices, community pharmacists and laboratory staff (working on coronavirus testing) and support staff
- Social care workers who deliver direct personal care
- Unpaid and young carers
- Nursery, primary and secondary school teachers and pupil facing support staff in both a Local Authority and Independent setting
- Prisoner population
- Prison officers and support staff who deliver direct front-facing detention services
- Children aged 2–5 years and not yet in school(children must be aged 2 years or above on 1 September 2021 to be eligible)
- Primary school children (primary 1 to primary 7)
- Secondary school pupils (years 1 to 6)
How do I get my appointment
- You will receive an appointment by post.
- Appointment letters will start being issued from 25th September beginning with the elderly and most vulnerable.
- You can check the status of your appointment via https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/invitations-and-appointments/vaccine-appointment-checker
Will I require 2 appointments
- Most people will receive the flu and COVID booster vaccination in the same appointment.
- If there is a clinical reason that determines this is not appropriate, you will be offered a further appointment.
Can I change my appointment
- Yes, you can do this by contacting the national COVID-19 Vaccination helpline-0800 030 8013 or by going online at https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine-invitations-and-appointments/rearrange-or-opt-out-of-your-coronavirus-vaccination-appointment
Scottish Government Instructions Regarding Coronavirus Infections
Scottish Government Instructions
Restrictive measures still remain in place at this stage in the pandemic, however we now have a timetable for coming out of the lockdown measures imposed. More detailed information is available at www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
Get a record of your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status-update 20th May 2021
Your vaccination status is a record of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations your have received.
Your status includes your name, date of birth, and an coronavirus vaccinations you have received in Scotland.
Please use the link below to access your record:
COVID-19 Status Helpline on 0808 196 8565
**Do not contact your GP practice about your coronavirus vaccination status. GP's cannot provide letters showing your coronavirus vaccination status.**